Sunday 13 April 2014

Final reflection on learning

Before every semester, we have to through the pain of planning our timetable. I always put in a lot of time in planning it because I have to make sure that there is a balance between being able score, what I can get out of the module and interest in the modules I choose. This is not the case when I choose ES007S. I know that the amount of learning that I can gain from it is limitless, however I also know that I would not be able to score since I have been weak in writing (had to take ES1102) and presentation. I thought this module would be a good opportunity for me to strengthen my weaknesses.

Just like what I expected, this module has thought me a lot about effective communication. I find every lesson fresh because we get voice out our opinions, unlike during statistics tutorial where we just listen to the teaching assistant. Then again voicing my opinion was not easy for some who is listener rather than a talker like me. Besides that, the lesson setting also encourages me to think critically about certain issues.

Despite learning all the knowledge on professional communication, I experience difficulty in applying the knowledge.  There are times where I am disappointed in myself for not being able to effectively adopt this knowledge in my presentation and writings. I guess old habits die-hard. Hopefully, I am able to improve with more practice.


Overall, I did not regret taking this module. Our tutor, Dr. Radhika, was great. It was wonderful to meet and work with new people. I will definitely recommend this module to my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nabilah, I have the same problem with you as well; not being able to speak and write well. However, I was slightly more fortunate as I do not have to take the English modules. Yes, I totally agree with you that this module is indeed fresh and a lot more engaging and interactive than any of our major modules. Through working with you for the peer teaching to your final presentation, I have seen a lot of improvements in you. I believe with more practices, we will definitely be able to better our communication and writing skills. All the best for your exams and future endeavour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that the module served a need for you Nabilah. So they were bidding points well-spent:))

    ReplyDelete